22/10/2021 Preparing your Static Caravan for Winter
The end of the season is almost here! We've put together a list of tips and advice for readying your caravan for winter.
It is almost the time of year again when the cold weather arrives. Crows Nest will be closing for the season on the 7th November 2021.
If you are a new caravan owner or are just looking for some tips on how to ensure your caravan is safe and ready for winter, here are our 6 recommendations:
1. Take down net curtains and leave your curtains open. This allows the caravan to air out during sunny winter days. It also shows anyone who shouldn't be there that no valuables have been left in the caravan.
2. Leave a few bowls around the caravan with a layer of salt in. This draws moisture out of the air and helps prevent damp. You can also buy caravan moisture traps which do the same job.
3. Turn off your fridge-freezer. Ensure that the doors are propped open or it could get mouldy and stinky.
4. Turn off gas bottles on top of the bottle.
5. Take all electronic items and valuables out of the caravan before you leave.
6. Don’t forget to book your winter drain down before you leave for the final time. Failing to drain down the caravan can cause major (and expensive) problems when you return.
It’s not necessary to do all of these things. Following these steps will help keep your caravan, furniture and equipment safe through the cold months.
Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions about what to do to winterise your caravan.
Don’t forget to give us a call or send an email when you would like the caravan reconnecting and ready for you to start using again. We require at least one weeks notice.