You are in: About
About Us - History of Crows Nest
Crows Nest Caravan Park is owned and operated by the Palmer family. The site was purchased in 1947 as Crows Nest Farm.
The first caravans appeared in 1956, and ever since then we have been providing caravan holidays and short breaks for families and couples.
In the early years the caravan park was run in conjunction with the dairy and poultry farm, this was until the late 1970s when milking was transferred elsewhere. In the mid 1980s the farming activities were ceased and the caravan park modernised and updated to facilitate the siting of what was then a new concept, the 12 ft wide caravan.
Since then we have constantly endeavoured to update the facilities on the park, in 1991 the next phase of was started which has resulted in the lounge bar, swimming pool, games room and reception being added. This was followed by the addition of the fish and chip shop and conservatory area. The shop has now been modernised to a fully equipped supermarket.
In 1999 we purchased our second caravan park near York called Robin Hood Caravan Park. Robin Hood is managed by Rebecca and Damian Palmer-Bunting and family, and has been developed into a luxury 5* caravan and camping park. It is predominantly a static caravan park, however touring caravans and tents are welcome on spacious grass pitches.
In 2007 we purchased Jasmine Park, a luxury caravan park between Scarborough and Pickering. Jasmine Park specialises in caravan sales, seasonal touring caravans, caravan storage and camping. Over the years the park has developed into a multi award winning 5* caravan park, focusing on high quality facilities and customer service.
Our latest development on Crows Nest in early 2012 was the construction of our new amenities block, and new modern super pitches for touring caravans. We have recently been awarded a 'loo of the year' award for the quality of our shoer and toilet block.